Economic Development Manager - Tsilhqot'in National Government
NEGOTIATION & EXTERNAL AFFAIRS
Position Title: Economic Development Manager
Positions: One Position Available (full Time)
Location: Williams Lake, BC
The Tsilhqot’in National Government (Negotiation & External Affairs) seeks to hire an Economic Development Manager to evaluate, support and capitalize on Nation-level economic development opportunities that meet the vision, mission and values of its people.
• Engage regularly with the Nation’s Leadership and community members to identify opportunities and priorities;
• Act as interim General Manager for the Dandzen Development Corporation;
• Support and update Economic Development Plan;
• Proposal Writing;
• Develop work plans;
• Assist with developing a marketing and branding strategy;
• Participate in the development of budgets;
• Interact with Regional business development organizations;
• Facilitate the successful completion of entrepreneurship training and provide guidance Provide Entrepreneurial support for membership;
• Other duties as required.
• University Degree in Business, Finance, Commerce or other related equivalent area of study;
• Strong and proven business analysis skills;
• Strong project management and project execution skills;
• Knowledge of funding sources and ability to pursue these sources;
• Knowledge in the forestry and clean energy industry;
• Excellent verbal and superior writing and report presentation skills;
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a fast-paced economic development environment;
• High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to handle confidential information;
• Previous experience working with an Indigenous Government;
• Ability and willingness to travel;
• Knowledge of the Tsilqot’in culture would be an asset.
Interested parties may submit a cover letter and resume via email or in person no later than October 1, 2018 at 3 p.m.
Only applicants who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
Preference in hiring will be given to members of the Tsilhqot'in Nation.
Tsilhqot’in National Government (Negotiation & External Affairs)
Subject: Economic Development Manager
1729 South Lakeside Drive, Williams Lake, BC V2G 3A9
Preference will be given to those of Aboriginal Ancestry – Section 16 (1) Canadian Human Rights Act